Monday, May 22, 2006

The fall...

Standing at the edge of the sorrowful ocean, I was inclined to fall.
When you grabbed me by my hand and time froze into eternity
Life took over with all its beauty and strength,
Letting the despair of stillness fly away with the wind
The energy of the entire universe translated in smiles on our lips
My eyes reflected the sun shining on your angelic face
I began living...

Next moment you let it go, I was still smiling as I fell
My hand still holding yours as it did all the while
It took me another eternity to lose faith again
Even as the reality of the ocean beneath me hit me
I forced the last flame of life in me to ignite strength
To look in your eyes, as you watched me fall...
I kept looking...

As I descended down the fluidity of my woes, mile after mile
I gazed up at the light drifting away from me, your eyes...
Perhaps I saw a ripple spreading gently on the surface above
Perhaps a tear fell, adding to my ocean
Perhaps you disappeared in the faces peaking over the blue looking at me
The blue kept vanishing into the darkness beneath
I kept falling...

Now I've touched the ocean floor
Lying here, still looking up towards you
Its so dark that I don't know if I've closed my eyes
My hand is still trying to reach out to your grasp, your touch
The unmoving coldness surrounding me urges me to drown
Then something flickers above and I look hard
I am still looking...