Thursday, February 14, 2008

During the early second week of last December, I had been to Chandigarh and Delhi to give two very unfruitful exams. However, the trip really made up for it.

The bad foggy weather made our pilot take a U-turn to Delhi after hovering over Chandigarh for a while. It made things quite difficult for us but I am not sure if I would want to complain about it.

The reason is this. While we were hung up in the sky, not too high when the captain was deciding what to do, I had one of the most amazing experiences of my life. To my left was my friend with a sick stomach from bad airport food. To my right was heaven. I had luckily got a window seat. The view outside was something that I had never seen before!

It was just before sun-set. The sky above my level was blue. There was a huge white woolly cloud at my eye level with a wonderful formation. In the distance there were gray clouds and the sun popped out of them every now and then. Below me were hills. Blue-gray mountain tops to be precise. And they stretched on the land below as far as my vision. The reason that I could only see their tops was that they were covered head-below with dense white fog! Suddenly some of the gray clouds parted and a few rays of sun shot out of the darkness on to the hill-tops below. And they in turn glowed golden. So basically it was like a white beautiful cloud with a blue backdrop dancing in part of the frame, the other part covered with gray fluff, spotlights traversing the gray fluff, golden spots glittering among dull blue spots rising above a white sheet of silk. It was a view of a life-time!

Now when I think of it, I feel a little disturbed. There was no one else on the flight who was looking out of his window! I feel like going back in time, on that flight and scream out to them- “THIS IS A VIEW OF A LIFETIME!” And then they all will look at me like I am insane or I have come from another world or perhaps I'm too dumb to know about the weather 'problem'. And then I’ll laugh…

I laugh not because I am dumb or insane (I might have come from another world), but because its funny how people can actually get lost in reality.

(...to be continued...)

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, March 11, 2008, Blogger Shiva said...

First time in an eveningish flight?

 
At Saturday, July 19, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey an article after months but u made up for it ..a very nice description .. and by the way speaking of sky have u ever had the experience of para-gliding? u can do it in Goa or Mahabaleshwar and its an amazing experience when you are alone in the sky and sun is at your height..the earth seems a distant world ...

 
At Monday, March 09, 2009, Blogger workhard said...

Hi, you are very graphical. that was good:)



Haiku

 

Post a Comment

<< Home